Titathink camera connects to the Internet whenever necessary, using a Wi-Fi connection (if available) or Ethernet connection or PoE connection.
- Ethernet connection. If your camera now connects to a router, you just make sure the router has been connected to Internet.
- PoE connection. PoE connection means Power over Ethernet connection. The camera can be supplied via Ethernet cable (LAN cable) without other power source. That way requires the router or switch device support PoE function. One side of cable connects to camera “LAN” port. The other side of cable connects to router/switch device. As the Ethernet connection, if you want camera to connect to Internet, the router or switch device should connect to Internet. For more information about PoE, see Power over Ethernet.
- WiFi connection. As the Ethernet connection, if you want camera to connect to Internet, the router or switch device which broadcasts WiFi signal should connect to Internet. For information about connecting to a Wi-Fi network, see Connect to Wi-Fi.
For more special situations, see below:
- If you have no a router but have a Wi-Fi network, you can configure the camera to enter Wi-Fi password via a computer. For more information, see Connect to Wi-Fi without router.
- If you have no a router but want to make camera connecting to a Mobile hotspot of phone, you should enter the hots pot password to camera via computer first, and then make sure your phone has been connected to Internet via your carrier’s cellular network. Then keep your phone working and closer to camera. For more operated details, see Connect to Hotspot.