How to set camera record onto Dropbox
Dropbox provides free large storage for every register, so if the SD card capacity can not meet your requirement, you can set Titathink security cameras save video clips onto Dropbox through FTP function. If you are intending to get Titathink security camera recording video clips to your Dropbox, please read the steps below.
- If you don’t have a Dropbox account, please register it on www.dropbox.com.
- You will need to access camera’s web application to set up FTP function, learn how to access Titathink camera’s web application.
- Your Titathink camera must have a SD card plugged.
- NOTE: Uploading recordings to Dropbox function doesn’t support TT531WN, TT18, TT12CN and TT900WK.
ACCESS TO CAMERA WEB APPLICATION
1. You will need to configure camera’s FTP function, so please access camera’s web application. In case you don’t have an idea about how to access the camera’s web application, see here.
2. After you access camera’s web application, please go Settings->System then check the SD card status.
Make sure the Storage status is Ready and Store to is SD card.
3. Go to Task -> Task Management -> Enable “Send files in storage to FTP server” option. Don’t forget to click Apply to save the changes.
SETUP CAMERA’S FTP FUNCTION
1. Click the blue link “Send files in storage to FTP server” to access the FTP detailed setting. Please choose “Dropbox” and then click Authorization button to call the popup window of Dropbox. Note: If you wish camera to create a new folder in your Dropbox, you can set the folder name in Remote path field.
2. The browser may block the popup window after your click the Authorization button, just like the following screenshot.
You need to click Pop-up blocked to see the details. You can change it from Continue blocking to Always allow pop-ups and redirects from http://192.168.x.xxx. Then click the blue link https://www/dropbo…force_reapprove=true to view the pop-up details. The browser may re-open a new tab, you will be redirected to Dropbox website.
GET AUTHORIZATION CODE FROM DROPBOX
In the redirected Dropbox web page, you will see “AnyScene wants to access files and folders in your Dropbox.”, please Allow it.
Then you will get the authorization code, please copy it.
And please turn back to camera’s web application tab, paste the code to Authorization Code field. Then click Finish to save the FTP settings.
You’re done it. The camera will upload the existing video clips from SD card to your Dropbox and upload new recordings when camera detects motion.