Troubleshooting WiFi connection of TT531W and TT531W-N
Before get started setting up your clock camera wifi feature, you will also need:
1, A smart device
Smart phone or Tablet running iOS or Android system. Please install an APP called “Lizvie”to your smartphone. Lizvie can be downloaded from Apple APP Store and Google Play Store.
2, A Wi-Fi router
Which broadcast the WiFi signal for your smart phone and camera. The requirements for your Wifi router:
- Working on 2.4G wireless band. The came just can operate 2.4GHz band, so if your wifi router is operate on 5GHz wireless band please change your router from 5G to 2.4G.
- Work as a DHCP server. The camera can’t be assigned a static ip address manually, it need the router to assign an IP address. So if your router is not working under DHCP mode, please change it to DHCP mode, if not the camera will can’t connect to your wifi router.
- Don’t let your routing work with the tightest possible security. if your wifi router has been set up with the tightest possible security which allows only known devices to connect to your network, please disable the tightest possible security, because it will block the camera accessing.
3, Your Wi-Fi password
Note: If you don’t have home wifi, it also can work independently just like a DVR. Instead of live viewing, it can store the video and audio directly to your Micro SD memory card when it detects any motion activated.
Camera can NOT be hooked up to your WiFi network.
To cause the WiFi issues, there are several probable cause for your reference.
- Probable Cause A: The camera has recorded an old WiFi SSID so it can not access another WiFi network again. This old WiFi SSID can be belong to Titathink factory and it’s used to test your camera before being packaged. The phenomenon of this case will look like: Power on camera and turn on camera’s power switch, then wait about 1 minute, you never hear the camera to sing a short music.
- Probable Cause B: The camera can sing a short music three times after it’s powered up more than 1 minute, but you are still unable to set camera to hook up the WiFi. The Lizvie app always said “Failed, WiFi password may be wrong.”…
- The WiFi network you are trying to connect is belong to portal network. Portal network means those WiFi networks which will pop up a web page to require you to register with a phone number when you attempt to access it. For portal networks, camera can NOT work under such WiFi networks.
- You are using battery as power source when you configure the initialized WiFi setup. For this case, please use provided power supply instead of battery to supply power. Because if battery has a litlle life, the wifi module of the camera may not work properly. so we highly recommend you use the provided power adapter to power the camera when you going to set up your camera wifi connection.
- The weak wifi signal caused this issue,which is common the further away your camera is from the router. Also, other electrical equipment can interfere with the signal. So please keep the camera and your wifi router within 5 meters and any devices such as micro-ware, oven or cordless phones place away from the camera to get a stronger wifi signal.
- Your WiFi password may be wrong. Please make sure it’s same as the WiFi password which is using by your phone.
Troubleshooting Probable Cause A:
To reset camera to restore it to all initialized settings, this issue should be solved. Please see operation details:
- Connect the power supply to the camera, turn the power switch to the ON position and wait about 1 minute.
- Please keep long pressing the RESET button about 15 seconds.
- Then release the RESET button and wait for the camera to sing “PING”. A “PING”sound means your reset operation is successfully. After you heard “PING” hint, wait for the camera rebooting, after 1 minute it will sing a short music more than one time. (In general, it will be song three times).
- You’re ready to add camera to Lizvie app. Please follow Quick Guide to perform adding operation.
Troubleshooting Probable Cause B:
In most cases, the issue of Probable Cause B is caused by the router’s wireless setting. Due to initialized WiFi setup doesn’t require any wired connection, camera will firstly use Wireless 11bg mode to search visible WiFi network. If the WiFi network broacasted by router is using Wireless 11bgn mode, the camera will be unable to hook up this WiFi network. In order to solve this problem, you need to access router’s setting page to alter the Wireless mode. Please see follows:
- . Access the web setting page of router. The accessed link should be found on the surface of router. For most routers in the market, the accessing link should be http://192.168.1.1or http://192.168.0.1
- . Please go to Wireless Setup –> Wireless Advanced Setup –> Alter Wireless Mode from 11bgn mixedto 11bg mixed Then please click “Save”or “Apply” button to confirm the modification.
- In the web setting page of router, please make sure the router is working on 2.4G wireless band.The camera can only operate on 2.4GHz band, so if your wifi router is operate on 5GHz wireless band please change your router from 5G to 2.4G.
- . Make sure your router is set to The camera can’t be assigned a static IP address manually, it need the router to assign an IP address. So if your router is not working under DHCP mode, please change it to DHCP mode, if not the camera will can’t connect to your wifi router. ( if you are tech un-savvy, don’t worry, most of home wifi router are working under DHCP mode and not with extra tight security mode, you can check you smart phone, if your smart phone is not work with a fixed IP address, it means that your router is working under DHCP mode).
- Don’t let your routing work with the tightest possible security.if your wifi router has been set up with the tightest possible security which allows only known devices to connect to your network, please disable the tightest possible security, because it will block the camera accessing.
If you found the above steps are complex, you can try to use another smart phone to configure the initialized WiFi configuration. Once the WiFi setup was configured successfully, every phone will be able to use Lizvie to add the camera and view camera.
If your router is NETGEAR, there is another article for your reference. The WiFi connection is failure with Netgear router.